40 page science books and materials in multiples of 6, 12 or 24 sets per box
The highly visual, step-by-step instructions enable students to work independently.
SEE ADDITIONAL IMAGE ABOVE FOR LIST OF MATERIALS
- Learn about the composition of cells in all living organism and where DNA, the information molecule of life, is located
- Extract DNA from the nuclei of a fruit and know how the extraction works
- Probe and spool real DNA with pipettes
- Learn about the four molecules that code for all of life
- Build a DNA ladder and twist it into a double helix
- Unzip and pair up to understand how DNA replicates itself
- Think about how the extraordinarily long DNA molecules are packaged into minute nuclei inside each cell
- Solve a chromosome puzzle by sorting chromosomes by size, staining pattern and by centromere position
- Determine if it is a boy or a girl
- Learn about genes and find out what determines eye color
- Extract your own DNA and make forgery proof DNA ink
- Learn how DNA sends its messages within the cell to determine how each cell in the body functions
The online teacher lesson plans coordinate the ScienceWiz DNA projects with web-based materials. These include animations, videos, interactives and assessment materials.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail. The web contents are periodically updated by scientists and educators.
These Teacher’s Packs are designed so that students have their own readers and materials. Extensions to the primary projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all. This Pack has a number of consumables. Replacement consumables can be purchased through this website or directly through ScienceWiz™.