- 40 page science books and materials in multiples of 6, 12 or 24 sets per box.
- The highly visual, step-by-step instructions enable students to work independently.
Complies with NGSS:
NGSS K-2 Engineering Design
K-2-ETS1-1, K-2-ETS1-2, K-2-ETS1-3
Core Disciplinary Ideas:
ETS1.A Defining and Delimiting an Engineering Problem;
ETS1.B Developing Possible Solutions;
ETS1.C Optimizing the Design Solution
Spin motors and pinwheels; Light lights;
Buzz buzzers; Send coded messages; Test what conducts
SEE ADDITIONAL IMAGE ABOVE FOR LIST OF MATERIALS
- Build circuit loops
- Light lights
- Connect one-way parts: buzzers and LEDs Spin pinwheels and colored discs with electric motors
- Test what conducts electricity
- Learn about insulators
- Learn about open and closed circuits, shunts and shorts
- Make a simple switch to open and close a circuit loop and to send coded messages
- Connect together one and two loop circuits to explore series and parallel circuits
Requires 1 D-cell battery per student
The online teacher lesson plans (Teacher’s Guide sold separately) coordinate the ScienceWiz Electricity projects with web-based materials. These include animations, videos, interactives and assessment materials.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail.
The web contents are periodically updated by scientists and educators.
These Teacher’s Packs are designed so that students have their own readers and materials. Extensions to the primary projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all. This Pack consists of largely non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use. Replacement parts can be purchased on this website or by contacting ScienceWiz™.