40 page science books and materials in multiples of 6, 12 or 24 sets per box
The highly visual, step-by-step instructions enable students to work independently.
SEE ADDITIONAL IMAGE ABOVE FOR LIST OF MATERIALS
Explore Newton’s Laws of Motion
Develop a fundamental understanding of inertia and the laws of motion, as well as familiarity with the basic terminology of physics: mass, force and weight, velocity and acceleration, circular motion and centripetal force.
Concepts are explored with time tested experiments and highly visual illustrations.
- Perform tricks with inertia and solve inertia puzzles conceptually
- Stay in motion with a low friction air puck
- Build spring meters and measure the forces of a push and a pull
- Munch an apple and shrink a piece of clay until each weighs one Newton
- Learn about gravity, the center of gravity and falling objects
- Use a balance scale to measure and then verify estimates of the masses of objects
- Clock each student’s speed
- Puzzle out the difference between speed and velocity
- Explore the concept of acceleration
- Measure the acceleration of a car down a ramp
- Experiment with Newton’s Second Law of Motion
- Launch bottle rockets, jet cars and balloons to explore Newton’s Third Law of Motion
- Investigate circular motion and centripetal force
These Teacher‘s Packs are designed so that students have their own reader and materials. This Pack consists of largely non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use. Extensions to the primary projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all.
Internet animations, videos and interactives complement the classroom experiments. Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail. Contents periodically updated by scientists and educators.