40 page science books and materials in multiples of 6, 12 or 24 sets per box
The highly visual, step-by-step instructions enable students to work independently.
SEE ADDITIONAL IMAGE ABOVE FOR LIST OF MATERIALS
- Categorize the types of energy and define work and energy
- Experiment with kinetic and potential energy and construct a energy chain reaction
- Convert energy from one form to another and determine which materials can be used to make specific energy transfers
- Explore how energy is used in modern society
- Make a flywheel generator, take apart a motor, and spin a turbine to understand how electrical power is currently generated
- Compare wind, water, coal, natural gas and nuclear power sources
- Investigate energy choices for heating and transportation
- Quantify and explore fossil fuel emissions and the impact on the climate
- Spin a propeller with a solar cell, build a solar car and learn how they work
- Discuss solar energy, its peaks and valleys
- Launch a super capacitor car and an electric car
- Build a battery with multiple cells to light an LED
- Discover how solar cells work
Requires one 1.5 Volt battery and one 9 volt D-cell battery per student
The online teacher lesson plans coordinate the ScienceWiz Energy projects with web-based materials.
These include animations, videos, interactives and assessment materials.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail.
The web contents are periodically updated by scientists and educators.
These Teacher’s Packs are designed so that students have their own readers and materials. Extensions to the primary projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all. This Pack has a number of consumables. Replacement consumables can be purchased through this website or directly through ScienceWiz™.