40 page science books and materials in multiples of 6, 12 or 24 sets per box
The highly visual, step-by-step instructions enable students to work independently.
SEE ADDITIONAL IMAGE ABOVE FOR LIST OF MATERIALS
- Determine which metals stick to magnets
- Use magnets to detect iron
- Explore magnetic attraction and repulsion
- Levitate color coded ceramic ring magnets
- Use strong bar magnets to learn about action at a distance
- Visualize poles and lines of force with iron filings
- Explore how a compass reacts to magnets
- Craft a compass
- Detect the Earth’s magnetic poles
- Make a temporary magnet and test it’s strength
- Build and manipulate electromagnets
- Determine what can make magnets bigger and stronger
- Discover how an electric motor works
Requires 1 D-cell battery per student
The online teacher lesson plans coordinate the ScienceWiz Magnetism projects with web-based materials.
These include animations, videos, interactives and assessment materials.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail.
The web contents are periodically updated by scientists and educators.
These Teacher’s Packs are designed so that students have their own readers and materials. Extensions to the primary projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all. This Pack consists of largely non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use. Replacement parts can be purchased on this website or by contacting ScienceWiz™.