40 page science books and materials in multiples of 6, 12 or 24 sets per box
The highly visual, step-by-step instructions enable students to work independently.
SEE ADDITIONAL IMAGE ABOVE FOR LIST OF MATERIALS
July 20, 2019 marked the 50th anniversary of the landing on the Moon, one of the great milstones in human history. What better year to release a project book and kit about our Moon?
Explore the Moon! Discover what we currently think we know about the Moon. Get ready for surprises as scientists, robots, and astronauts explore further!
Moon includes hours of exploration:
- Model and chart the phases of the Moon
- Discover that moonlight is actually sunlight
- Learn five things you never knew about Moon dust
- Impact your own craters – learn what impact craters tell us and what unknowns await further explanations
- Model the layers of the Moon interior
- Eclipse a ball with a coin to understand solar and lunar eclipses – replicate the happy coincidence that gives earthlings total solar eclipses
- Explore the far side of the Moon not visible from Earth
- Relate tides to phases of the Moon
- Discover the Moon’s origin
- Get ready to go back to the Moon!
- Eat astronaut food!