For ages 8 and up
Includes a 48-page science book with materials
Build 20 different projects to explore sound vibrations!
- Build a working Edison-style phonograph
- Record and play back your own sound recordings
- Vibrate your vocal cords and visualize your voice print
- Measure sound with a decibel meter
- Use an audiometer to test your hearing
- Hear and transmit sounds many adults cannot hear
- Make a kazoo and a banjo
- Play a tune on water glasses
- Play the sound location game
- Transmit sounds through solids, liquids and gases
- Determine if sound waves travel through a vacuum
- Use a slinky to model sound waves
- Bounce, absorb and amplify sound waves
- Listen to your heart beat and explore how your ear works
- Discover whether fish have ears, what dogs can hear and how dolphins, whales and bats use sound
- Spin a sound tube to Doppler shift sound
Requires three AA batteries
Author’s Comment: This kit includes the parts for building a working Edison Phonograph.
BE SURE TO ENTER the Portal to Discovery to access the apps, downloads and video coaching for this kit.